COMMUNITY BASE HIV AND AIDS SERVICES (CBHS)
The CBHS Program use community based approach to reach its beneficiaries in the intervention sites and KIHUMBE has a comprehensive Community Based HIV and AIDS services in order to sustain the beneficiaries’ lives.
CBHS Intervention /Activities
- Enroll HIV positive clients to CBHS program and conduct visits follow up on attendances to care and adherence to ART and appropriate counseling and support.
- Attach Community Based HIV and AIDS Services providers (CBHSPs) in CTC and RCH at health facilities..
- PLHV support groups:
- Formulate and organize PLHIV support groups to support adherence and retention to ART services.
- Provide education on economic and entrepreneurship skills including saving and lending system to PLHIV through IGA saving groups.
- Support PLHIV groups on Registration at district council so as to get support from the governments and other stakeholders and open bank Account for PLHIV support groups
Health advice and free medication for opportunistic infections (OIs) (advice for nutrition, medicine and referring hospital).
Food and Nutrition service: Nutrition assessment and provide education and counseling on food and nutritional to beneficiaries (HIV-infected clients).
Conduct Health Assessment (STI and TB screening) to clients and provide referrals to clients who found with STI or TB symptoms to health facilities for diagnosis and treatments.
Referrals and linkages: Provide referral forms and link clients through escort to health facilities
- Escort and link clients to health facilities such as clients who tested HIV positive linked to CTCs and reconnect to other support groups for further services.
Provide Positive Health, Dignity and Prevention (PHDP) packages: Provide preventive services through Positive Health, Dignity and Prevention (PHDP) packages to beneficiaries to improve the dignity, quality and length of life among beneficiaries. This helps beneficiaries to increase their self-esteem, confidence and ability to protect their own health and prevent others from new infection.
Tracing Lost to Follow-up (LTFU) Clients: Collect list of LTFU clients from health facilities to providing CTCs and RCH sercives; Also tracing LTFU clients and HIV Exposed Infants (HEI) and re-connect them to the respective CTCs/RCHs.
- Condoms promotion and provision (i.e. Distribute and provide education on the proper use of condoms.
- Provide education on Norms Change (community gender norms)
- Counseling /social/ Legal support
Conduct CBHS Provider’s Monthly meeting:- i.e. get feedback on CBHS Activities implementation and share challenges encountered during the program implementation.