Vacant: HIV Testing Counselor
Kikundi cha Huduma Majumbani Mbeya (KIHUMBE) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization (NGO) located at Sinde area in Mbeya region, southern highland of Tanzania.
KIHUMBE is a community Based HIV and AIDS Implementing organization funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) / DOD under Henry M. Jackson Foundation Medical Research International/Military HIV Research program Tanzania (HJFMRI/MHRP-TZ).
The organization is providing Community Based HIV Testing services (HTS), Community based HIV and AIDS services (CBHS), Orphans & Vulnerable Children (OVC) and HIV Prevention services with Gender Based violence (GBV) and Violence against Children (VAC) by targeting key and Vulnerable populations (KVPs) in Mbeya Region.
KIHUMBE is looking for highly motivated and qualified individuals to fill the post as shown below:
Job Title: CommunityHIV Testing Counselor – 4 Posts
Location: Mbeya Region
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Assess risk of the infection at an early stage
- Work to build the trust and confidence of clients.
- Provides HIV testing services to clients in the community.
- Help clients to develop confidence about their participation in care and treatment services.
- Keep all the records, data about a client confidential and safe.
- To prepare and consolidate information that is used for media programs to educate the public upon approval by the coordinator and program operations manager.
- Attend and promote mobile HTC.
- Provide accurate information to clients about living with HIV, preventing further transmission, the benefits and challenges of HIV care and treatment, and available services and how to access them.
- Liaising with, and making referrals to, other agencies such as hospitals etc.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual programs progress reports and ensure are submitting to immediate supervisor.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Possession of Diploma in HIV counseling and testing or relevant fields from recognized learning institutions.
- At least 1 – 2 years of demonstrated experience in community based HIV prevention, care and support programs implementation. Working experience should include community HIV testing and counseling services and generating weekly and monthly reports.
- Knowledge and experience in participatory methods for community development and mobilization.
- Must be computer literate to use Microsoft office (ms word, ms excel, power point and internet)
- Good planning, organizational skills and general management skills.
- An ability to illustrate and encourage creativity and innovative ideas, effective problem solving, excellent communication and timely decision making skills.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of program staffs and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of group process and facilitation techniques.
- Be highly flexible in working hours.
- Be honest, trustworthy and respectful.
General conditions and how to apply:
- All applicants should be Citizens of Tanzania.
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
- All Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- All Applicants must also attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates:
- Bachelor Degree/Diploma/Certificates
- Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer or training Certificates and birth certificates.
- Application letters should be written in Swahili or English.
- All applications should be submitted before 05th June 2019 at 4:30 PM
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
If you believe you are the ideal candidate we are looking for, please submit your application to:
Director, KIHUMBE NGO, Sinde area, Karume road, P. O. Box 2982, Mbeya–Tanzania
Send your application by email to Kihumbe@yahoo.com.