Kikundi cha Huduma Majumbani Mbeya (KIHUMBE) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization located at Sinde area in Mbeya region, southern highland of Tanzania. The Organization is a community Based HIV and AIDS service implementing partner funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR)/DOD under Henry M. Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) / Walter Reed Program (WRP-T) – Tanzania.
The organization is providing Community Based HIV Testing and Counseling services (HTS), Community based HIV and AIDS services (CBHS) and HIV Prevention services with Gender Based violence (GBV) and Violence against Children (VAC) by targeting key and Vulnerable populations (KVPs) in Mbeya Region.
KIHUMBE is looking for highly motivated and qualified individuals to fill the post as shown below:
Job Title: DREAMS Social Workers – 1 Post for DREAM Initiative.
Location: Mbeya City Council in Mbeya Region
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify kind of vulnerability of each Adolescent Girls and Young Women (vAGYW) in the DREAM intervention sites.
- Assess vAGYW needs, situations, strengths, and support networks to determine their goals.
- Ensure that all vAGYW’s partners get services and are involved in DREAMS initiative
- Advocate for and help vAGYWs to use the available resources in their catchment areas for their well-being.
- Outsourcing information from other stakeholders so as to support vAGYWs based on their vulnerability.
- Help VAGYW to overcome some challenges in their lives unemployment
- Recommending and sometimes making decisions about the best course of action for a particular vAGYW.
- Liaising with, and making referrals to, other agencies; such as hospitals, gender desks, social welfare department etc.
- Anticipating in multidisciplinary teams, for example, child protection team, gender desk, LGA etc
- Participate actively in training, supervision and program staff meetings to discuss issues regarding beneficiaries, reports and the organization.
- Maintain professional relationships with vAGYW, acting as case manager, guides, councilor and advocates.
- Monitor the progress and evaluate the effectiveness of the services provided to vAGYWs.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual project progress reports and ensure are submitting to Immediate supervisor.
- Regular supportive supervision to Peer educator mentors and vAGYWs saving groups.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly feedback to the DREAMS Coordinator on the implementation of DREAMS social work activities.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual programs progress reports.
- Perform any other duties as required or assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Bachelor degree or diploma in social work and other social sciences, Counseling Psychology, Sociology, public health, Community development, Project Management, Business/Public Administration or relevant fields from recognized learning institutions.
- At least 1 – 2 years of demonstrated experience in community based programs implementation. Experience should include designing tools and strategies for data collection and production of reports.
- Knowledge and experience in participatory methods for community development and mobilization.
- Must be computer literate to use Microsoft office (ms word, ms excel, power point and internet)
- Good planning, organizational skills and general management skills.
- An ability to illustrate and encourage creativity and innovative ideas, effective problem solving, excellent communication and timely decision making skills.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of program staffs and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of group process and facilitation techniques.
- Be highly flexible in working hours
- Be honest, trustworthy and respectful.
General conditions and how to apply:
- All applicants should be Citizens of Tanzania.
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
- All Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- All Applicants must also attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates:
- Bachelor Degree/Diploma/Certificates
- Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer or training Certificates and birth certificates.
- Application letters should be written in Swahili or English.
- All applications should be submitted before 15th of January 2018 at 4:30 PM
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
If you believe you are the ideal candidate we are looking for, please submit your application to:
Director, KIHUMBE NGO, Sinde area, Karume road, P. O. Box 2982, Mbeya–Tanzania
Send your application by email to Kihumbe@yahoo.com.