10th December 2019
Kikundi cha Huduma Majumbani Mbeya (KIHUMBE) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization working in Mbeya region, southern highland of Tanzania, providing care and support to people affected by HIV/AIDS and has been actively involved in HIV/AIDS programming for over 20 years.
KIHUMBE implements The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)-funded HIV prevention, care and support activitiesthrough Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) Under Henry M. Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) / Walter Reed Program -Tanzania (WRP-T).
Currently; the organization is providing Community Based HIV Testing and Counseling services (HTS), Community Based HIV and AIDS services (CBHS) and HIV Prevention services with Gender Based violence (GBV) and Violence against Children (VAC) to key and Vulnerable populations (KVPs) in Mbeya Region.
KIHUMBE is seeking for highly motivated and qualified individuals to fill the post as shown below:
Job Title: HIV Testing Services (HTS) Counselor – 2 positions.
Location: Mbeya Region
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Assess risk of the infection at an early stage
- Work to build the trust and confidence of clients.
- Provide HIV testing services to targeted key and vulnerable population in the community.
- Conduct Community based moonlight HIV Testing and counseling to people who can’t access HIV and other health related screening services at normal working hours.
- Provide accurate information to clients about living with HIV, preventing further transmission, the benefits and challenges of HIV care and treatment, and available services and how to access them.
- Help clients to develop confidence about their participation in care and treatment services.
- Provide referral forms and link all newly identified HIV Positive clients to Care and Treatment Clinic (CTC) services and other appropriate services
- Track successful referrals or feedback, and CTC numbers of the clients referred and enrolled to Care at health facilities.
- Keep all the records, data about a client confidential and safe.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly HTS progress reports and ensure are submitted to immediate supervisor.
- Participate in staff meeting to discuss issues regarding beneficiaries and HTS.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience and Abilities
- Possession of diploma in Nursing, Counseling and testing, or equivalent from recognized learning institutions or other HIV and AIDS related discipline.
- Knowledge and skills in organizing health campaign
- Working experience at least 1 year in HIV testing services Activities or related programs.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of program staffs and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience in participatory methods for community mobilization.
- Good planning, organizational skills and general management skills.
- An ability to illustrate and encourage creativity and innovative ideas, effective problem solving, excellent communication and timely decision making skills
- Ability to use standard soft ware computer applications (Word, excel etc.)
- Be willing to work any district in Mbeya region.
- Be highly flexible in working hours
- Be honest, trustworthy and respectful.
General conditions and how to apply:
- All applicants should be Citizens of Tanzania.
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
- All Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- All Applicants must also attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates:
- Advanced Diploma / Diploma / Certificates
- Advanced Diploma / Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer or training Certificates and birth certificates.
- One recent passport size
- Application letters should be written in Swahili or English.
- Deadline for submission of the applications is January 2nd 2020 at 5:00 pm
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
If you believe you are the ideal candidate we are looking for, please submit your application to:
Director, KIHUMBE, Sinde area, Karume road, P. O. Box 2982, Mbeya–Tanzania
Or by email to: email@example.com.